In the aftermath of disaster, the President of the United States is traditionally the "Uniter-in-Chief." But Donald Trump is often called "The Divider." His Administration stepped up after Hurricanes hit Texas and Florida. Today, the President is mourning victims of the mass shooting in Las Vegas. But yesterday in Puerto Rico, he continued to minimize the damage and loss of life after Hurricane Maria devastated the home of 3.4 million American citizens. Are officials keeping the death toll artificially low? Why has the US military been so late to arrive?
President Trump's consolation tour
- Omaya Sosa Pascual - Center for Investigative Journalism - @omayasosa
- Armando Valdés-Prieto - attorney, writer and political strategist - @armandovaldes
- Alvin Chang - Vox - @alv9n
- Tim Naftali - Clinical Associate Professor of History and Public Service, NYU and the former director of the Richard Nixon Presidential Library - @TimNaftali
- Richard Parker - journalist and author - @richardparkertx