One leader of the Southern Baptist Convention says that to back Donald Trump, Christian “voters must repudiate everything they believe,” but polls show millions of evangelicals are not demanding that Trump adhere to precepts of the once-dominating Moral Majority. They're supporting a profanity-spouting gambling-house owner who's been married three times with an inconsistent history on abortion and same-sex marriage. Cruz, Rubio and Kasich are passing the litmus tests, so why is Trump leading with voters who call themselves devout Christians?
What's Happening to "Value Voters?"
- Russell Moore - Southern Baptist Convention - @drmoore
- Robert Jeffress - First Baptist Dallas - @robertjeffress
- David Kinnaman - Barna Group - @davidkinnaman
- Sarah Posner - journalist and author of “Unholy: How White Christian Nationalists Powered the Trump Presidency, and the Devastating Legacy They Left Behind” - @sarahposner
- Jim Wallis - Sojourners - @JimWallis