Yesterday, President Obama promised to work with other nations to "halt the rise of piracy" in the Indian Ocean. Since then, four more ships—from the Philippines, Liberia, Greece and Togo have been attacked off the coast of Somalia. Naval vessels are in the region.
Piracy: The Legacy of a Failed State
- Chris Davies - Spokesman, NATO’s Allied Maritime Component Command Headquarters
- David Shinn - former Coordinator for Somalia, US State Department
- Jabril Ibrahim Abdulle - Director, Center for Research and Dialogue
- Derek Reveron - Professor of National Security Affairs, Naval War College
- Ruth Wedgewood - Professor of Law, Johns Hopkins University