After winning the White House, President Obama said his volunteer army of 13 million would play a crucial role in his administration. His campaign apparatus was reincarnated at the Democratic National Committee and called Organizing for America. Today, Mr. Obama took part in a conference call designed to mobilize the army around healthcare.
The Obama White House and the Permanent Campaign
- Mitch Stewart - Executive Director, Organizing for America
- Lynn Sweet - Washington Bureau Chief, Chicago Sun-Times
- Carol Zachery - former Volunteer, Obama Presidential Campaign
- Stacy Deck - Volunteer, Organizing for America
- David Winston - Winston Group - @dhwinston
- Peter Kastor - Associate Professor of History and American Culture Studies, Washington University