Crucial aspects of Arizona's new immigration law have been ruled unconstitutional, and they won't go into effect today as scheduled. But that decision will be appealed and both sides are eager to show that they aren't backing down. Protesters against the law are being arrested today in Phoenix by Sheriff Joe Arpaio, a major supporter of cracking down on illegal immigrants.
Arizona, the Federal Courts and Illegal Immigration
- Anna Gorman - Kaiser Health News - @annagorman
- Leo Banks - Reporter, Tucson Weekly
- Gabriel Chin - Professor of Law, Public Administration and Policy, University of Arizona
- Mark Krikorian - Center for Immigration Studies - @MarkSKrikorian
- Thomas A. Saenz - Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund - @ThomasASaenz