Palestinian statehood is in diplomatic mothballs, while the world focuses on crises in other parts of the Middle East. On Sunday, Israel denied entry and deported pro-Palestinian activists who flew into Tel Aviv's airport. Police and security personnel were deployed, although the protesters said their goal was to plant trees in Bethlehem in the occupied West Bank. While Israel claims to be the only democracy in the Middle East, it continues to occupy the Palestinian West Bank and subsidize the expansion of illegal settlements. Is that a contradiction of Israel's founding values? We talk with Peter Beinart and others about his controversial new book, Crisis of Zionism.
American Jews and Faith in Israel
- Joel Greenberg - freelance reporter
- Peter Beinart - editor-at-large of Jewish Currents, author of The Beinart Notebook Substack, professor of journalism and political science at the City University of New York - @PeterBeinart
- Daniel Gordis - Jerusalem Post - @DanielGordis
- Aaron Taxy - Trojans for Israel
- Rae Abileah - Young, Jewish and Proud - @raeabileah