The Obama Interior Department has approved America's first offshore wind-energy project, in shallow waters six miles from Cape Cod and 10 miles from Martha's Vineyard. Cape Wind now has the federal go-ahead to build 130 wind turbines 440 feet tall. Interior Secretary Ken Salazar made the announcement today in Boston.
Windmills off the Coast of Cape Cod?
- Sean Corcoran - Senior Cape Cod Reporter, WCAI
- Beth Daley - Boston Globe - @GlobeBethDaley
- Cliff Carroll - Founder, WindStop.org
- Tom Vinson - Director of Federal Regulatory Affairs, American Wind Energy Association
- Nathanael Greene - Director of Renewable Energy Policy, Natural Resources Defense Council
- Sam Jaffe - Renewable Energy Analyst, IDC Energy Insights