Allison Costa is a food writer and the owner of Ventura Food Tours. She offers scheduled tours as well as custom and private tours. Every year she offers an update on the best eats in Ventura County. Her suggestions this year are below.
- Bombay Bar and Grill for burgers
- Barrel House 101 for the beer list. Allison likes the Tripel Karmeliet and the Shipyard Smashed Raspberry Porter, short rib sliders, wings and watermelon salad.
- Marie Shannon Confections for special occasion cakes and everyday treats like cookies, flourless chocolate cake and even savory empanadas.
- Sunflowers on the Square in El Jardin Courtyard for bundt cake, red velvet brownies and most of all the limoncello lavender pecan cookie
- Marche Gourmet for the Napoli panini, roasted beet salad and the hand rolled truffles
- Camarillo International Supermarket for the Ghormeh Sabzi on Thursdays