Now that we're on day 576 of this ;) I've been thinking about how we are collectively going through the 5 stages of grief. As a reminder, those stages are: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. This week, in particular, feels like we are in the stage of acceptance.
It's been inspiring to witness spontaneous acts of expression from the artists we love. A few examples: James Blake and Erykah Badu doing live concerts, DNice amassing over 100,000 viewers for a dance party, and television hosts like Jimmy Fallon and Trevor Noah doing virtual interviews. I've even joined in on the fun, doing impromptu DJ sets every afternoon on Instagram live. You can come along at @itsabyrd by the way.
With all of that said, it didn't seem appropriate to craft the typical, "this is what's new in music this week." So, similar to my mix the other day centered around the idea of Escape, I've crafted another sonic offering called Accept. It's a mix of fun music that'll get you moving and allow you to forget you’re even quarantined. Enjoy!
1) Equipe Radio "Cicade (GUTS EDIT)"
2) Alkalino "Get Up Clap Your Hands"
3) McNeal & Niles "Summertime (Scrimshire Edit)"
4) Julio Bashmore "Rhythm of Auld (feat. J'Danna)"
5) Afrodisiac Soundsystem "Dusty Lagos"
6) The Tribe Of Good "Heroes (Edit)"
7) Alisha Chinai & Vijay Benedict "Zindagi Meri Dance Dance"
8) D'Angelo "Spanish Joint (Singularis edit)"
9) Sticks & Stonez "You're My (feat. Liv East)"
10) Maze Feat. Frankie Beverly "Joy & Pain (J Boog Moombahton Remix)"
11) G Markus "Lovin'"
12) Hot Natured "Reverse Skydiving feat. Anabel Englund (Original Mix)"
13) Sono "Keep Control (H.O.S.H. Remix)"