Fanatics! Here we are again! Before I tell you what’s in store for our show tonight, I wanted to thank you. I wanted to thank you for all the cool letters that you have sent and all the kind things you have been saying to me when we have met. It’s so cool of you to let me know that you’re liking the show, thank you thank you thank you.
Tonight is another mix of moods, textures and styles that will hopefully keep you transfixed and ever more curious. I hope you like the Koudede track. I met the guy at the Desert Festival in Mali last January and last week, his manager sent me some of his music. He was one of the best acts on the three day bill so I was happy to hear that his records stand up to the great live show he put on.
A cool film that I really enjoyed and thought I should pass on the reference to you. It’s a three-part film called Tokyo! Three short films by three directors, Bong Joon-ho, Leos Carax and Michel Gondry.
-Watch the trailer
-New York Times article
I went to a screening several days ago and am kicking myself for forgetting to mention it last week. If you like adventurous films, this trio could be up your alley. Seems to me if you like this show, you might like this film.
I just got some interesting records over the last several days but have not had all that much time to listen to them. I will get into them next week and if there’s anything I think is worth your very valuable time, I shall bring them in for your inspection.
Since we last got together, I have been working on a couple of book projects nonstop. It is a pretty straight line routine. Work on book all day, workout with tonight’s show as soundtrack to make sure it does all it should, (If the show passes the treadmill test more than twice, it’s done. I had to overhaul what was happening between tracks 05 – 09 to fine tune it and last night, I had the final.) eat, back to book work until I can’t stand it anymore, then a few hours of sleep and back at it again. And then . . . it’s Saturday!
I hope you enjoy what we put together for you and thanks so much for listening. Whenever possible, STAY FANATIC!!! --Henry
E-Mail address for Henry: Henryontheradio@AOL.com
01. West Memphis All Star Band – Revenge / Rise Above (Benefit West Memphis Three)
02. James Brown - Sex Machine / Revolution Of The Mind
03. Huun-Huur-Tu – Kargyraa / Huun-Huur-Tu- Live 2
04. Slim Gaillard- Yip Roc Heresy / Laughing In Rhythm: Best Of The Verve Years
05. Serge Gainsbourg - Aéroplanes / L' Homme A Tete De Chou
06. Metal Urbain - Panik / Anarchy In Paris!
07. Kas Product - Malena / Try Out
08. The Ramones – I Don't Wanna Go Down To The Basement / Ramones
09. Sugar Pie DeSanto - In The Basement, Part One / Down In The Basement
10. The Cramps - Rockin' Bones / Tales From The Cramps (bootleg LP)
11. The Warmers - Walking Solves It / The Warmers
12. Koudede – Tekédda / Amghar-D'ana
13. PJ Harvey - Black Hearted Love / A Woman, A Man, Walked By
14. Fushitsusha - Track One / Pathetique
15. Generation X - Kleenex / Generation X
16. King Crimson – Red / Red
17. Jaguar Love - Bone Trees And A Broken Heart / Take Me To The Sea
18. Minutemen - Joe McCarthy's Ghost / Paranoid Time
19. The Middle Class - Situations / From Out Of Vogue EP
20. Saccharine Trust - We Don't Need Freedom / Paganicons
21. The Misfits - Where Eagles Dare / Box Set
22. Bobadin - Business Is Better Now Because Of The Nats / Folk & Pop Music of Burma Vol. 03
23. The Lines - Come Home / Flood Bank
24. Salim Daoud - Abuthiyya / Give Me Love: Songs Of The Brokenhearted - Baghdad, 1925-1929
25. Jimi Hendrix - Crosstown Traffic / Smash Hits
26. Die Cheerleader - Pigskin Parade / Son Of Filth
27. The Planet The - Arty Movie / Physical Angel
28. Unrest - Bavarian Mods (Remix) / B.P.M. (1991-1994)
29. Omar Souleyman - Leh Jani / Highway To Hassake- Folk And Pop Sounds Of Syria
30. Angola Quartet - I'm Stranded On the Banks Of Ole Jordan / Angola Prison Spirituals
31. The Saints - (I'm) Stranded / (I'm) Stranded
32. XBXRX – Track 04 / Clear
KCRW Broadcast 3
[PLAYLIST GOES HERE]