On this episode of the MBE Podcast, we'll start things out with the incomparable Meshell Ndegeocello. The ten-time Grammy award nominee released her eleventh studio album this year titled Comet, Come To Me and we heard a host of new songs from that album when she recorded live at one of our Apogee sessions in Santa Monica.
Up next we feature a few live songs from How To Dress Well. Tom Krell is the man behind the captivating voice and his style of R&B has received high praise from critics and established artists alike. He recently performed songs off his 3rd studio album “What Is This Heart?”
Finally, we’ll leave you with a live mix from the U.K.’s Mr. Scruff. Andy Carthy is the DJ behind the dials and his mix of ambient and trip-hop is showcased on his seventh studio album titled Friendly Bacteria.
- Conviction / Meshell Ndegeocello
- Tom / Meshell Ndegeocello
- Folie A Deux / Meshell Ndegeocello
- Choices / Meshell Ndegeocello
- Comet Come To Me / Meshell Ndegeocello
- Repeat Pleasure / How To Dress Well
- Words I Don't Remember / How To Dress Well
- Childhood Faith In Love / How To Dress Well
- Mr. Scruff Set 2 / Mr. Scruff
Banner Image: Meshell Ndegeocello; Credit: Larry Hirshowitz