Food and music are almost always plated together and, in this special edition of the Guest DJ Project, six all-star chefs share songs that inspire their process. KCRW Good Food host Evan Kleiman guides the way through a wide range of tunes selected by famed Bay Area chef Alice Waters, a master of modern Mexican cuisine Rick Bayless, Top Chef host Padma Lakshmi, LA standout chef and Travel Channel show host Michael Voltaggio, food writer Gail Simmons, and NY-based Iron Chef Alex Guarnaschelli.
- Alice Waters: Youssou N'Dour - "Tan Bi"
- Rick Bayless: Buena Vista Social Club - "Marieta"
- Padma Lakshmi: Led Zeppelin - "Ramble On"
- Michael Voltaggio: The Beatles - "Let It Be"
- Alex Guarnaschelli: Prince - "Starfish and Coffee"
- Gail Simmons: Shout Out Louds - "Walking In Your Footsteps"