In last night's televised address to the nation, President Obama said Moammar Gadhafi threatened a "massacre" in rebel-held Benghazi that would have "stained the conscience of the world." He said the US had a "unique ability to stop the violence… an international mandate…and a plea for help from the Libyan people themselves…"
Obama, Libya's Gadhafi and America's Use of Force
- Charles Kupchan - senior fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations; professor of international affairs at Georgetown University; former member of the National Security Council for European Affairs under President Obama - @CFR_org
- Salem Elhassi - Libyan opposition
- Laura Rozen - Al-Monitor - @lrozen
- Michael Hirsh - Politico Magazine - @michaelphirsh
- Scott Althaus - University of Illinois