It cited all the things we already know: unrelenting traffic, poverty, and a lackluster job growth strategy.
But that’s not the only opinion out there.
A new report that looks farther into LA’s future says there is unlimited potential in LA that needs to be “unleashed.”
The LA2050 initiative is run by the Goldhirsh Foundation in hopes of fostering collaboration among Angelenos. It even offered a million dollars to non-profits and for-profit organizations that came up with ideas on how to make LA a better city.
A report based on those recommendations is out today, and Tara Roth from the Goldhirsh Foundation joined KCRW’s Steve Chiotakis to talk about them.
Here are the My LA2050 winners:
- Arts & Cultural Vitality – Hammer Museum
- Education – 826LA
- Environmental Quality – C.H.C., C-Lab, 596 Acres
- Health – Public Matters
- Housing – TRUST South L.A.
- Income & Employment – E.L.A.C.C. & L.U.R.N.
- Public Safety – Homeboy Industries
- Social Connectedness – CicLAvia
- Wild Card – Mission Asset Fund
- Wild Card – No Right Brain Left Behind, Green Dot Public Schools