Downtown Santa Monica is being transformed from a Central Business District into a dense, walkable community of three- to seven-story mixed-use buildings attractive to young and old urban dwellers. But many Santa Monica residents are angered by what they see as over-development and traffic congestion. They are supporting Measure LV, or LUVE (Land-Use Voter Empowerment), a November ballot initiative that is being watched around the Southland. (We hear from Santa Monica residents Elena Christopoulos, Jeremy Stutes, Brian Derro, Shari Mattingly, Gary Llewellyn, Amy Utani and Ida Reilly.)
Does LUVE hurt or help Santa Monica?
- Armen Melkonians - Residocracy - @luveinitiative
- Tricia Crane - Residocracy - @luveinitiative
- Ron Goldman - Santa Monica Architects for a Responsible Tomorrow
- Rick Cole - City of Santa Monica
- Carl Hansen - Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce - @govaffairs
- Jason Islas - Santa Monica Forward / Santa Monica Next - @jasonislas