When you look at artwork in museums and galleries, you might think it's the work of one person, the artist. But so often there’s a team of skilled technicians behind those artists. A new show at LACMA puts the spotlight on their work The Serial Impulse at Gemini G.E.L. celebrates the 50th anniversary of the famed Los Angeles printing house. Meanwhile, Mixografia, a print shop south of downtown LA, just opened its own gallery. It renders handmade paper into every conceivable texture, color and shape. DnA producer Avishay Artsy speaks to some of the master printers collaborating with high-profile contemporary artists.
Gemini G.E.L. and Mixografia
- Sidney Felsen - Gemini G.E.L.
- James Webb - Gemini G.E.L.
- Xavier Fumat - Master printer at Gemini G.E.L.
- Ayn Grinstein - Grinstein/Donenfeld Contemporary Art
- Nancy Grinstein - daughter of Stanley and Elyse Grinstein - @ngrinstein
- Luis Remba - Mixografia