Anne Conness shares this Blueberry Ginger “Pie” that she serves in a glass with a scoop of ice cream at Tin Roof Bistro.
Read below for the recipe, and click here to enter YOUR delicious pie (or pies) in the 5th Annual Good Food Pie Contest on Saturday, September 7th at LACMA.
Blueberry Ginger “Pie” with Oatmeal Cookie Crust and Vanilla Ice Cream
Yield: 6 pies in glasses
1.5 cups blueberries
0.5 cup sugar
1 tsp candied ginger, minced
0.25 tsp cinnamon
0.25 tsp ginger
2 tb cornstarch
0.25 cup water
1 cup butter
1 cup blueberries
1 pinch salt
0.25 lb butter
0.5 cup brown sugar
0.5 cup sugar
1 each egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1.5 cups oats
Vanilla ice cream
1. Mix 6 cups of blueberries, sugar, candied ginger, cinnamon & powdered ginger in pan.
2. Cook 4-5 minutes until berries start to pop.
3. Mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Add to pot. Stir until thick, approx, 2-3 minutes.
4. Turn off heat. Stir in the remaining 4 cups of blueberries and butter.
5. Pour into 6 glasses, dividing evenly.
1. Cream butter in mixer with paddle.
2. Add both sugars.
3. Add eggs and vanilla.
4. Add flour, salt, baking soda, & cinnamon.
5. Add oats.
6. Make cookie drops slightly under the size of your glass.
7. Cook for 10 minutes at 350
8. When cool, place cookies on top of blueberry base in the glasses.
1. Microwave the pies for 15 seconds.
2. Top each pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.