This week on Good Food it’s all about breakfast. You will find out where to get the best breakfast in LA and which pancakes Jonathan Gold likes best.
The following recipe for Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes comes to us from Brandon Boudet of Little Dom’s and Dominick’s.
Keep reading for the full recipe…
Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbs + 1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp kosher salt
2 cups whole milk
6 oz unsalted butter, melted
4 large eggs, separated
2 tsp vanilla extract
12 oz ricotta cheese, broken up into small pieces
2 pints fresh blueberries
1. Measure dry ingredients and place in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
2. In a separate bowl, combine milk, melted butter, egg yolks, vanilla extract and ricotta cheese. Mix well.
3. With a rubber spatula, fold wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Combine, but do not over mix (lumps of dry mixture are ok).
4. Place egg whites in a kitchen-aid bowl and whisk on medium speed until foamy. Switch speed to high and whisk until stiff but no dry peaks form. With a rubber spatula, fold whites into batter in thirds.
5. Heat cast iron skillet on medium heat. Add 1 T butter and scoop pancake batter into skillet.
6. Add a handful of blueberries to each pancake on the griddle.
7. Cook 2 1/2 minutes on each side serve. Serve with butter and real maple syrup.