Every week on the Good Food Blog we celebrate Meatless Monday by sharing a vegetarian recipe from our archives.
Keep reading for the full recipe…
Melon, Cucumber and Mint Salad
Makes 6 servings or 6 cups
- 1 cantaloupe, about 3 lbs, cut in bite-size chunks
- 4 cucumbers, lemon and Persian, about 1 lb
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, packed, about 8-10 large sprigs
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 ozs feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper
Place the melon in a large bowl. If using lemon cucumbers, peel them. Cut into wedges, and cut each wedge in half crosswise. Add to bowl. Peel and seed the Persian cucumber and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices and add to the bowl, along with onions. Tear the mint and add to bowl along with remaining ingredients. Gently toss and taste for seasoning. Chill one hour before serving.