Wanna get away? It's rhetorical, we ALL do. I've been listening to a lot of music that reminds me of elsewhere, so I put together a sonic offering that takes me to another place. Hopefully it does the same for you.
I start the set off with a song I heard in a cafe in Mexico City a couple of months ago. It was a moment: perfect song, perfect setting, perfect mood. Every time I hear it, it takes me back to that little corner cafe in Condesa.
Enjoy the ride and take a trip with me. Just a tip, best enjoyed with headphones.
KCRW members - Thursday, March 26, you have access to a digital conversation with Aaron. He'll share his inspiration for this playlist and insights into what he's listening to right now. If you'd like to participate in this or future conversations like these, become a member a kcrw.com/join.
1) Hypnotic Brass Ensemble "Kepra"
2) Pharoah Sanders "Astral Traveling (Boozoo Bajou Remix)"
3) Captain Planet "Malama"
4) Khaled "Ne M'En Voulez Pas (For Given Mix)"
5) AHEF "Mahane Mohabbat"
6) Chancha Via Circuito "Barú (El Búho Remix)"
7) Barcelona Gibsy Klezmer Orchestra "Amari Szi Amari (BALMARKODES Edit)"
8) JaJa "Elega al Che"
9) Omar Khorshid "Solenzara"
10) AkizzBeatzz "Ain Hijla (BARU remix)"
11) The Kondi Band "Yeanoh (Powe'hand Binga'dbe)"
12) Simon Mejía "Majaná (AIWAA Remix)"
13) Seventh Soul "Koocha Lar feat. Alotefe (Original Mix)"
14) Pablo Fierro "Guanile (Pablo Fierro's Orchestra Mix)"
15) Tutu Atrash "Medjool Dreamz"
16) Soapkills "Leh Zaalen"