Fanatics! I have good news and better news. The good news is that we have a great night of music ready for you. The better news is that you are reading this now and are eagerly anticipating what will be.
Thank you so much for tuning in again. I am still in Toronto, finishing He Never Died. I have to write up the show notes early as the weekdays are taken up by the film and after wrap, I am not good for much. We are doing good work but damn, are we hitting it hard. The weekends are spent recovering and trying to get ready for Monday.
Cold weather here, so I am getting all the winter I can handle. We were shooting outside for several days and that got old fast but we’re shooting indoors now.
Tonight’s show is smart, eclectic and moves very fast. We are trying to make the most out of our season here as the year comes to a close. I don’t know what the status of KCRW is as to the next two Sundays, if they will have live programming or otherwise. I hope this isn’t the last show of the year.
The new Omar Souleyman album, Wenu Wenu is excellent, no surprise there. For me, our song of the night has to be the Pere Ubu track. What a monster song. Imaging putting that one over in 1976 in Ohio. Talk about visionary. They are hitting the west coast of North America now. They will be in Los Angeles 12/18: http://www.theecho.com/event/323711-pere-ubu-los-angeles/
I am looking forward to rocking the new Oh Sees singles comp. LP when I get back to LA. Johnny Dwyer of Thee Oh Sees has one great label. You know we check it out on our show: http://www.castlefacerecords.com/
We have VUM for you tonight. You LA area Fanatics, don’t forget that the band is doing a residence at the Echo, every Monday this month. Here is information on that: https://www.songkick.com/artists/2866246-vum
We have a lot of new releases to get into in the next several weeks, so get ready to dig in there will be a lot of listening to do. As the world goes into consumer toxic shock over the holidays, we will start assembling our sonic assault on 2014.
Dig the show, tell a friend, let’s get this thang worldwide.
Stay in the mix and STAY FANATIC!!!
E–mail address for me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on Twitter: @henryrollins
01. Omar Souleyman - Ya Yumma / Wenu Wenu
02. Rick James - Below The Funk (Pass The J) / Street Songs
03. Jay Reatard - Death Is Forming / Blood Visions
04. Brigitte Fontaine - Eternelle / Est….
05. Panom Nopporn - Sao Ban Pok Pab / The Sound of Siam
06. Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy / Physical Graffiti
07. Andy Jarvis - Sing In Duet With Transparent Time / The Widow Myth
08. Pere Ubu - Final Solution / Terminal Tower
09. Minutemen - The Struggle / The Punch Line
10. Roxy Music - Re-Make/Re-Model / Roxy Music
11. Nico - Henry Hudson / The Drama of Exile
12. Brian James - Paul’s Friend / Grand Cru Chateau Brian
13. Thee Oh Sees - Poison Finger / The Master’s Bedroom Is Worth Spending A Night In
01. The Rezillos - Cold Wars / Can’t Stand the Rezillos
02. Roky Erickson - Cold Night For Alligators / Gremlins Have Pictures
03. The Fall – Winter / Hex Enduction Hour
04. Conrad Schnitzler - Frozen Bubbles / Ballet Statique
05. Mark Robinson - Sskii Jjumpp / 2001 Teenbeat Sampler
06. VUM - Back to Sleep / Psychotropic Jukebox
07. Tom Waits - The Black Rider / The Black Rider
08. The Jesus & Mary Chain - Upside Down / 21 Singles
09. The Pyramids - Masenko Nights – Pyramids / Music Of Idris Ackamoor ‘71-‘04
10. Scientists - Teenage Dreamer / Pissed On Another Planet
11. William Shatner - I Can’t Get Behind That / Has Been
12. Ween – Mononucleosis / The Pod
13. Ty Segall & White Fence - Crybaby / Hair
14. James P. Johnson – Fascination / 1938-1942