Fanatics! It’s been a great week of listening. I have been jamming the Damaged Bug Hubba album as well as the new Trin Tran Far Reaches EP. Digging Far Reaches made me go back to Trin Tran’s record, Dark Radar. Both of them are a lot of fun. If you like the track you hear tonight, the music contained on these two records will not disappoint. It’s always hopping at Castle Face. http://www.castlefacerecords.com/ for more information.
The weather is changing and it’s taking our show to some interesting places. All the rain that visited LA got to me in a good way. I have shelved a lot of my cold weather records am getting into warmer weather listening. Hopefully I can bring something good to our show.
I want to thank you for all the letters and am very glad you like the show. Just like you, myself and the other two are on tight schedules with big obligations, deadlines, etc. The show is a substantial part of our week as it takes quite a few hours over 3 to 5 days to get it all together. I am in a constant state of planning, often working several shows ahead in an effort to make things interesting and hopefully keep you with us. It is a great challenge that about ten years in, has not yet become boring or grown stale.
I have listened to all these tracks in order a couple of times and I think we have a good show here. I think the only record that might find hard to find might be Don’t Trust Your Neighbors, from where we pulled tack 5, hour 1. Engineer X transferred that one from LP to CDR for the show. We were so happy about that, we are letting him sleep inside this week.
Fanatics, so glad to have you with us. Enjoy the show and STAY FANATIC!!!
E–mail address for me: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on Twitter: @henryrollins
01. Trin Tran - Eyes The Size / Far Reaches EP
02. Damaged Bug - Sic Bay Surprise / Hubba Bubba
03. The Fall - Free Range / Code: Selfish
04. Marie Moor - Pretty Day / BIPPP: French Synth Wave 1979-85
05. Riza Bylbyli - Me Zurri Taksimi Me Plakat (I Promised The Old Women) / Don’t Trust Your Neighbors: Early Albanian Traditional Songs & Improvisations, 1920s-1930
06. Art Ensemble of Chicago - Theme Amour Universal / Les Stances à Sophie
07. Opening Flower Happy Bird - Performance Artist / The Projectionist
08. Air Miami - Afternoon Train / Me. Me. Me.
09. Dio - Man On The Silver Mountain / Inferno: Last In Live
10. Prum Manh - Two Wives Are Twice The Problem / Cambodian Cassette Archives: Khmer Folk And Pop Music Vol. 1
11. Ween – Stacey / God Ween Satan
12. The Minutemen - I Felt Like A Gringo / Buzz or Howl Under the Influence of Heat
13. Blues Boy Rawlins - Baby, She Loves Me / I Got a Woman Shining My Shoe
14. The Sparkles - No Friend Of Mine / Nuggets
15. Moth Drakula - Sawed Off To Use / Gutted and Sundried
16. Black Sabbath - It’s Alright / Technical Ecstasy
01. Hanoi Rocks - Back To Mystery City / All Those Wasted Years
02. Fela Kuti - Eko Ile / Afrodisiac
03. Black Randy - Down at the Laundrymat / Pass the Dust I Think I’m Bowie
04. Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band - Ali Baba’s Camel / Gorilla
05. Parliament - Everything Is On The One / The Clones Of Dr. Funkenstein
06. Basilica - She Shead Black Fear / Wanda
07. Hollows – All Your Friends / I’m Just As Bas As You
08. Cellular Chaos - Re-make/Re-model / EP
09. The Four Plugs - Wrong Treatment / single
10. Art Tatum – Caravan / California Melodies
11. Billy Eckstine – Caravan / Everything I Have Is Yours: Best Of The M-G-M Years
12. UK Subs - I Couldn’t Be You / Another Kind Of Blues
13. Harsh Toke – Rest In Prince / Light Up and Live