Universal health care, a national minimum wage and increased business taxes: all part of the Green New Deal. That has House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and some presidential candidates treading carefully. Will Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s proposal be the Democrats’ version of “Build the Wall”--creating an opportunity for Republican backlash?
Climate Change, the Green New Deal and ‘socialism’
- Lisa Friedman - reporter, The New York Times
- Stephen Lacey - Host of the Energy Gang Podcast and contributing editor to Greentech Media. - @Stphn_Lacey
- E.J. Dionne - Senior fellow at Brookings Institution, Professor at Georgetown University, Columnist at Washington Post - @EJDionne
- Matt Bennett - Third Way - @ThirdWayMattB
- Lee Ohanian - Senior fellow at the Hoover Institution and professor of economics at UCLA - @lee_ohanian