- Making News: Senate Rejects Dems' Calls for Troop Pullout from Iraq
As expected, the Senate today defeated two Democratic proposals to establish timelines for withdrawing troops from Iraq. Much on the minds of both parties: elections this November and in 2008. Jim Kuhnhenn covers Congress for the Knight-Ridder newspapers.
- Reporter's Notebook: Ghana Moves Up at the World Cup, US Is Out
Four years ago, America's team made the quarter finals of the World Cup in the best showing since 1930. This year's team had high hopes and a high ranking, but it's all over. The Black Stars of Ghana, which has never been in a World Cup before, have advanced to the second round after defeating the US team 2-to-1 today in Nuremberg, Germany. We hear more from Frank Dell'Apa, who writes for the Boston Globe and ESPN.com, and Maurice Quansah of Ghana's Graphic Sports.
- PRD: Partido de la Revoluci--n Democr--tica (Party of Democratic Revolution)
- PRD candidate Andr--s Manuel L--pez Orbrador
- PAN: Partido Acci--n Nacional (National Action Party)
- PAN candidate Felipe Calder--n
- PRI: Partido Nacional Revolucionario (Institutional Revolutionary Party)
- PRI candidate Roberto Madrazo Pintado
Reed-Levin amendment on US policy, redeployment in Iraq (S Amdt 4320)
Kuhnhenn's article on Democrats' united front against the administration's war strategy
North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)