T'is the season of charitable giving, but how well do charities use the money we give them? Americans will donate about $300 billion to charities this year. Will the money be used the way the donors think it will? How effective is our charitable giving? How much is wasted? How difficult is it to give away the huge sums that billionaires are pumping into their favored causes? And what unintended consequences result from our best intentions?
What Happens to Our Charitable Contributions?
- Daniel Borochoff - President, American Institute of Philanthropy
- Paul Schervish - Director of the Center on Wealth and Philanthropy, Boston College
- Holden Karnofsky - Founder, GiveWell
- Charles Piller - Investigative Reporter, Los Angeles Times - @cpiller
- Peter Dunn - Vice President of Philanthropic Services, California Community Foundation