Israel said today it welcomes efforts by France and Egypt to negotiate a ceasefire in Gaza. Meantime, under heavy pressure from humanitarian organizations, Israel suspended fighting for roughly three hours this afternoon.
Israel, Gaza and the Prospects for Peace
- Mukhaimer Abu Saada - Professor of Political Science, al Azhar University
- Anne-Sophie Bonefeld - Jerusalem-based Spokeswoman, International Committee of the Red Cross
- Eric Yoffie - President, Union for Reform Judaism
- Diane Balser - Executive Director, Brit Tzedek v'Shalom
- Ribhi Salem - Director, American International School