Last month, it was Zev Yaroslavsky's turn to chair the meetings of LA County's Board of Supervisors. He set off a firestorm by proposing to reduce the available time set aside for public comment. Reaction was fierce. But Board members complain that so-called "gadflies" often dominate meetings. What about people who want to bring up real issues?
The Right to Speak to Elected Officials
- Eric Preven - resident of Los Angeles County
- Joel Bellman - Office of LA County Supervisor Zev Yaroslavsky
- Garrett Therolf - UC Berkeley and Common Sense News - @gtherolf
- Mark Ridley-Thomas - LA County Supervisor representing District 2, which includes parts of Downtown, Koreatown, Crenshaw, Baldwin Hills and Culver City - @mridleythomas
- Bob Stern - Center for Governmental Studies