Same-sex marriage has become a national issue since federal Judge Vaughn Walker overturned Proposition 8, in which California voters banned a practice that had only been legal for a few months. One aspect of Walker's ruling that has been overlooked is the role played by the women's movement. We hear from two journalists and a well-known scholar who's married to another man, but still says the judge's decision was too much, too soon.
Same-Sex Marriage, Gender and the Prop 8 Ruling
- Audrey Bilger - Claremont McKenna College - @AudreyBilger
- Dahlia Lithwick - Legal Affairs correspondent for Slate - @dahlialithwick
- Jonathan Rauch - Brookings Institution - @jon_rauch
- William May - Catholics for the Common Good - @ccgaction
- Brian Brown - National Organization for Marriage - @briansbrown