In the elections of 2008 and 2010, California voters created the first citizen's reapportionment commission in state history. Friday it finished its work and on August 15, it will take a final vote on district boundaries for Congress, the Assembly and Senate and the State Board of Equalization. One stunning consequence is that powerful Congressional Democrats Howard Berman and Brad Sherman will now be in the same district; and there likely will be a challenge by two African Americans who now live in the district just won by former LA Councilwoman Janice Hahn.
Political Musical Chairs in California
- John Myers - Los Angeles Times - @johnmyers
- Jonah Lowenfeld - Jewish Journal - @jonahlow
- Paul Mitchell - Vice President of Political Data Inc, a bipartisan voter data firm; former Democratic political consultant - @paulmitche11
- Tony Quinn - Republican political consultant
- Rosalind Gold - National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials