Syria's Bashar al-Assad has called for elections, even as his army continues to bombard residential neighborhoods the Assad government calls "havens for terrorists" inspired by foreign enemies. Army defectors and others are fighting back as best they can. Some 25,000 civilians have managed to flee to destinations including Turkey, Jordan and Lebanon. We hear the stories of refugees, get reports on anti-government forces and update international calls for humanitarian intervention.
Is It Time to Intervene in Syria?
- Erika Solomon - Financial Times - @ErikaSolomon
- Rania Abouzeid - freelance journalist - @RaniaAb
- Robert Danin - Council on Foreign Relations - @robertdanin
- Shadi Hamid - Contributing writer,The Atlantic; senior fellow, Brookings Institution; assistant research professor of Islamic studies, Fuller Seminary; co-founder, Wisdom of Crowds, a podcast, newsletter - @shadihamid
- Bassam Haddad - George Mason University - @4Bassam