Tomorrow officially begins KCRW’s Summer of Pie. For the next 3-and-a-half months, we’ll be posting about pie every single day. Evan’s been baking like crazy lately and we’re starting get recipes in from some of our favorite chefs and writers. A shortcut to all of our Pie-a-Day blog posts is here. Here are some things you need to know:
- The 3rd Annual Good Food Pie Contest will be held Sunday, September 18 from 2-4 pm at LACMA. We’ll have the entry form up soon.
- In honor of our location, LACMA, we’ve changed up our pie categories: Fruit, Nut, Cream/Chiffon/Mousse, Savory and… a Tim Burton-inspired pie.
- This year we’re going to be looking for a “civilian” judge, so to speak. You’ll get a chance to rub shoulders with the likes of Jonathan Gold, Russ Parsons, Eric Greenspan, and Sang Yoon. We’re going to be holding an essay contest to pick the judge, in July on Evan’s Facebook page.
- Dig out those aprons! The 3rd Annual Pie Contest will have another apron fashion show during the contest.
- There will also be plenty of activities for the kids. We’re still working out the details, but we’ll share them soon.