No cake pan? No measuring cup? No problem.
This week on Good Food, Evan talks to Audrey Scagnelli, Founder and Editor-in-Chief of College&Cook Magazine. Scagnelli shared her recipe for Cinnamon Mug Cake, which you assemble in a coffee mug, measuring the ingredients out with shot glasses and microwaving for one minute.
Perfect for college students in dorm rooms, or, you know, lazy adults.
Read below for the recipe!
Cinnamon Mug Cake
(From Audrey Scagnelli, Founder and Editor-in-Chief of College&Cook Magazine)
Yield: 1 Mug Cake
Active: 5 minutes Total: 6 minutes
1 shot melted butter
1/2 shot milk
1/2 shot egg
1/2 shot maple syrup
1/2 shot vanilla
1 1/2 shots flour
1 shot brown sugar
1 pinch baking powder
3 pinches cinnamon
1. Rub oil or butter inside mug.
2. Place butter in the mug & melt in microwave.
3. Add egg, milk, syrup & vanilla. Whisk with a fork.
4. Whisk in dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder & cinnamon.)
5. Microwave for 1 minute. (If your microwave has been laying around a dorm for decades, you may need to add an extra 30 seconds!)
6. Top with whipped cream & cinnamon, & enjoy!