Every Thursday on the Good Food Blog we share a recipe from our archives.
Active Work time is 15 minutes. Total preparation time is 1 hour.
- 4 tablespoons green curry paste
- 6 – 8 kaffir lime leaves, sliced very thin
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 1½ – 2 lbs chicken breast, thin sliced.
- ½ cup Thai sweet basil (whole with stems)
- 2 tsps fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 1 15-oz can baby corn
- 1 medium Japanese eggplant, cut into slices.
- ½ small brown onion (thin sliced)
- ½ red bell pepper to garnish
Heat a wide deep skillet to medium-high, and allow to heat for about 1 minute. Stir in 3-5 tablespoons of the thick coconut cream from the top of the cans, curry paste and lime leaves. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes until paste starts to brown and is very fragrant.
Stir remaining coconut milk into curry paste. Increase heat to high until boiling, and add basil leaves. Allow to boil for about 5 to 10 minutes or until the liquid reduces about one-fourth.
Reduce to simmer. Add chicken, eggplant, corn, onion, fish sauce, tamarind and sugar. Simmer for about 20 minutes or until chicken and vegetables are cooked through.
Garnish with bell peppers.