Today on Good Food, Laura Avery talks to Gavin Mills, Executive Chef at Wood & Vine, about what he’s doing with stone fruit this time of year. He prefers white peaches for their intense sweetness this time of year. He brushes them with olive oil and sprinkles the peaches with sea salt before grilling them. Then he pairs the fruit with burrata and arugula and dresses it all with some reduced balsamic vinegar. Keep reading for his recipe…
Grilled Peach and Burrata Salad
- Two ripe peaches
- 3 ounces burrata cheese
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 3 leaves arugula for garnish
- Reduce vinegar by half in sauce pan over low heat. Should take approx 6 min. Then refrigerate.
- Cut peaches in half and remove pit
- Toss peach halves in olive oil and kosher salt
- Put peach halves flat side down on grill. Grill until you have a nice grill mark. Check every 30 seconds. When you see the first set of grill marks turn peach to a 45 degree angle to achieve the crosshatch marks.
- Alternate slices of burrata and peach. Sprinkle whole dish with sea salt. Drizzle with desired amount of balsamic reduction and garnish with arugula leaves.