Tomorrow on Good Food, Laura Avery talks to David LeFevre, chef and owner of MB Post in Manhattan Beach. Lucky for us, he’s shared his recipe for Lemon Blueberry Cornmeal Griddle Cakes with Noble Tonic 1 Maple Syrup. He says this time of year he likes to use Meyer Lemons. Keep reading for the recipe…
Lemon Blueberry Cornmeal Griddle Cakes with Noble Tonic 1 Maple Syrup
1 cup plus 2 TB All purpose flour
1/3 cup cornmeal
2 Tb sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 vanilla bean interior
1 Meyer lemon zested
1 pint blue berries
1.5 oa whole butter
Noble Tonic 1 maple Syrup
12 slices Meyer lemon cooked in simple syrup
1. Sift and Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. In a separate mixing bowl combine the wet ingredients and whisk throughly
3. Combine wets ingredients into dry ingredients until there are no lumps
4. Fold the blue berries gently into the batter.
5. In a seasoned 8 inch cast iron skillet, over low heat, add 1 TB clarified butter, coat the pan, add 5 oz batter.
6. When bubbles rise to the top of the griddle cake, flip the griddle cake and place in the over for 4 minutes at 350 degrees.
7. Remove from the oven, serve in the cast iron skillet garnished with the Meyer lemon, whole butter and Noble Tonic 1 maple syrup.