Every week on the Good Food Blog we celebrate Meatless Monday by sharing a vegetarian recipe from our archives.
Mark Scarbrough and Bruce Weinstein are the authors of The Ultimate Peanut Butter Book. They first shared this recipe for a Peanut Butter Avalanche on October 1, 2005.
Keep reading for the full recipe…
Peanut Butter Avalanche
Makes 2 drinks
- 1 cup ice
- 2/3 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup (2 ozs) vanilla-flavored liqueur, such as Cuarente y Tres (Licor 43)
- 2 Tablespoons (1 oz ) vodka
- 1/4 cup malted milk powder
- 1/4 cup creamy standard peanut butter
- 1/4 cup milk, preferably nonfat
Place the ingredients in the order listed in a blender; blend until smooth, making sure the ice cubes get thoroughly crushed up in the mix. Pour into 2 glasses and serve at once.