With Hurricane Gustav a diminishing distraction, John McCain's convention is trying to get back on track. President Bush will speak live from the White House and former Senator Fred Thompson and former Democrat Joe Lieberman will speak in prime time, but the delegates and news media are focused on Sarah Palin. Did her daughter's pregnancy and a corruption investigation take McCain by surprise? As the torch passes from Bush to McCain inside the Excel Center, we hear about yesterday's protests and the police response outside.
The GOP Tries to Get Down to Business
- Charlie Mahtesian - Politico - @PoliticoCharlie
- Michael D. Shear - New York Times - @shearm
- Jennifer Rubin - Washington Post - @JRubinBlogger
- Heather Mac Donald - Manhattan Institute - @HMDatMI
- Wayne Slater - journalist and author - @WayneSlater
- Jeff Severns Guntzel - Reporter, MinnesotaIndependent.com