Horrific reports including grisly video show that chemical weapons have killed hundreds in Syria, including children. Has President Obama's "red line" been crossed? Rebel forces blame the Assad regime, while Assad claims the rebels did it to trigger support from international forces. UN inspectors have arrived in the country, but have not been allowed to visit the scene. If they were, could they prove the case one way or the other? We hear what President Obama said today about a host of bad options and what it would take for the US to intervene.
Obama Still Cautious on Syria Response
- Karen DeYoung - Washington Post - @karendeyoung1
- Steven Simon - Visiting professor at Colby College. Former US National Security Council and senior director for counterterrorism and for the Middle East and North Africa
- Amy Smithson - James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies - @CNS
- Erika Solomon - Financial Times - @ErikaSolomon
- Amr Al-Azm - Shawnee State University - @alazmamr