Hours after the announcement that Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak had turned over power to the country's military, the party was still going on. But many questions remain. Can the military be trusted to institute democracy? What will be the role of the US? What's the reaction in the rest of the Arab world, where dictatorships still hold power? We hear what the Obama Administration says the US will expect from Egypt's interim government and get perspective on what's next for Egypt and the region.
US, Regional Perspectives on Egypt's Upheaval
- Peter Nicholas - Wall Street Journal - @PeterWSJ
- Robert Springborg - Naval Postgraduate School
- Max Rodenbeck - Middle East Correspondent, Economist magazine
- Laura Rozen - Al-Monitor - @lrozen
- Mustafa Alani - Gulf Research Center - @gulf_research?lang=en
- Robin Wright - contributing writer at The New Yorker magazine, and a joint fellow at U.S. Institute of Peace and the Woodrow Wilson Center - @wrightr