General McChrystal is out as commander in Afghanistan, replaced by General David Petraeus, one of America's best-known military leaders. By trashing the President, McChrystal and his team spotlighted ongoing dispute over the War in Afghanistan. In the White House, in Congress and on the battlefield, one side supports a troop surge followed by economic development and government reform. Can Petraeus implement the President's strategy? What about those, including Vice President Biden, who warn against bogging down in an unwinnable war?
General McChrystal Is Relieved of Command
- Michael Scherer - Washington Post - @michaelscherer
- David Cloud - Los Angeles Times - @DavidCloudLAT
- Ahmed Rashid - Pakistani journalist
- Kori Schake - Hoover Institution - @KoriSchake
- Robert Dreyfuss - National Security Reporter, Rolling Stone
- Michael Desch - Chair of the Political Science Department, University of Notre Dame