The Gallup Poll says Americans are increasingly skeptical about the dangers of global warming and the urgency of reducing the rate of climate change. The scientific consensus is as solid as ever, but public confidence has been shaken by reports of mistaken claims and sloppy research. Republicans and some Democrats want to reduce President Obama's current authority and kill proposed new limits on greenhouse gases. Does the economic crisis make environmental action look too expensive? What's the role of the news media?
Political Change on Climate Change
- Frank Newport - Gallup Poll - @gallup
- Stephen Power - Energy and Environmental Policy Reporter, Wall Street Journal
- Tom Yulsman - Co-director, University of Colorado's Center for Environmental Journalism
- Stephen Schneider - Co-author of the IPCC's Fourth Assessment Report
- Patrick Michaels - Scholar, Cato Institute