On Death Row in Texas, José Medellín admits to the rapes and murders of two teen-age girls 15 years ago in Houston. President Bush wants Texas to postpone tonight’s scheduled execution of the admitted killer, a Mexican national who was denied his rights under an international treaty. The President says Texas should help the US keep its word and obey the World Court in the Netherlands. So far, Governor Rick Perry says, "No deal." It’s about the death penalty, illegal immigration and US credibility. Could there be blowback for American citizens overseas?
Texas Flouts World Court to Execute Mexican National
- Dave Montgomery - Regional Correspondent, Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- Allison Castle - Spokeswoman for Texas Governor Rick Perry
- David Fathi - American Civil Liberties Union - @davidcfathi
- Richard Samp - Chief Counsel, Washington Legal Foundation
- Edward Swaine - Professor of Law, George Washington University