As the funerals of 20 murdered first-graders are under way, calls are increasing for President Obama's "leadership" on gun control. After past multiple killings, he's called for a "conversation" but, despite shrill claims from pro-the gun lobby, never for concrete action. An unspeakable tragedy is the moment gun-control advocates have been waiting for, while others warn against "politicizing" a tragedy. We look at the options.
Will the Newtown Massacre Be a Game Changer?
- Reid Wilson - The Hill - @PoliticsReid
- Gregg Lee Carter - Bryant University - @BryantUniv
- Jacob Sullum - Reason magazine - @jacobsullum
- Jim Kessler - Third Way - @thirdwaykessler
- Ron Avi Astor - University of Southern California - @USCSocialWork