As the Senate gets ready to vote on finance reform, The Financial Times has headlined, “Wall Street lobbyists braced for defeat.” Banks are highly unpopular this election year, and some conservative Republicans may join forces with liberal Democrats to crack down. But--even if Goldman Sachs could lose a big chunk of its profits—critics say the reforms deal more with symptoms than causes. Should states get back the authority they once had to protect consumers?
An Endgame in Sight for Finance Reform
- Elizabeth Warren - Democratic candidate for US Senate - @elizabethforMA
- Tyler Cowen - George Mason University / Bloomberg View - @tylercowen
- Stephen Lerner - Director of the Private Equity Project, SEIU
- Felix Salmon - Host of the Slate Money podcast, WIRED - @felixsalmon
- Damian Paletta - Washington Post - @damianpaletta