The First Lady and the Surgeon General have joined the Centers for Disease Control in the campaign against obesity, especially among children. One-third of young people are so overweight they’re at risk of Type-2 Diabetes. Ten percent of infants and toddlers are dangerously heavy. The food industry is under pressure to cut back on fat and calories. What about the soft-drink business?
Is Obesity a Problem that's Too Big to Solve?
- Barry Popkin - Nutrition Epidemiologist, University of North Carolina's Interdisciplinary Obesity Center
- Kevin Keane - Senior VP of Public Affairs, American Beverage Association
- Claudia Kalb - Senior Writer, Newsweek
- Nia-Malika Henderson - Washington Post
- Sean Kershaw - Executive Director, Citizens' League