An election that turned conventional political wisdom upside down and an economy that turned everything upside down; 2008 was a year of some of the most profound changes Americans have experienced in decades. How will those changes play out in the year to come? Can Barack Obama capitalize on a new political landscape? Will the economy stabilize? What's happened to the American dream? From the economy to politics, from personal values to consumer lifestyles, we take advantage of one of those once a year moments – New Year's Eve -- to think about what was and what will be.Note: You can learn more about any of the topics discussed in today's show by searching the KCRW archives.
Fears, Hopes and Predictions for 2009
- Daniel Gross - Strategy + Business - @grossdm
- John Zogby - President and CEO, Zogby International
- Jennifer Duffy - Cook Political Report - @jennifereduffy
- John White - Clean Power Campaign / Center for Energy Efficiency and Renewable Technology - @vjohnwhite
- David Makovsky - Ziegler Distinguished Fellow, The Washington Institute for Near-East Policy