The slaughter of children in Newtown, Connecticut has infused new energy into the gun control movement. Will a new strategy sound like good politics to some Republicans? Will there be enough money to challenge the power of the NRA? Vice President Joe Biden talked to reporters today before meeting with a group of gun control advocates. He said the Newtown, Connecticut massacre has created a requirement for “immediate action…” Biden said he’ll meet tomorrow with the NRA and the Gun Owners of America—to hear their views and try to find common ground.
Will the Newtown Massacre be the “Tipping Point” for Gun Control?
- John Gramlich - Congressional Quarterly - @johngramlich
- Adam Winkler - professor of law at UCLA, and author of "Gunfight: The Battle over the Right to Bear Arms in America" - @adamwinkler
- Jim Tomes - Indiana State Senate
- Mark McKinnon - No Labels - @mmckinnon
- Charles C.W. Cooke - National Review - @charlescwcooke