Parker Center Press Room Closes, LAPD Lore Lives On

Hosted by

The Los Angeles Police Department is moving out of Parker Center to the new, as yet unnamed police administration building. Parker Center got its name when Chief Bill Parker died of a heart attack in 1966. The building goes back to 1955, as do the stories that make up LAPD lore. They're passed on by veterans like Pete Noyes. Now retired, Noyes was a reporter's reporter, who started out in print, migrated to TV and became an investigative producer for every commercial station in town.

Credits

Guest:
Pete Noyes - veteran Los Angeles newscaster

Host:
Warren Olney

Producers:
Katie Cooper, Sonya Geis