Mitt Romney out spent Newt Gingirch by five to one in Florida, with an unprecedented avalanche of personal attack ads. Romney says Gingrich can't "whine" [his word] after going negative in South Carolina, and he promises that the campaign will have a happy ending for Republicans. Romney's big win in Florida earned him Secret Service protection, but Gingrich, Santorum and Paul are not conceding anything yet. We look at a nasty campaign and a divided Republican party.
The High Cost of Going Negative in the GOP Campaign
- Michael D. Shear - New York Times - @shearm
- Larry Sabato - Director of the University of Virginia’s Center for Politics and editor of Sabato’s Crystal Ball. He’s author of “The Kennedy Half Century; The Presidency, Assassination, and Lasting Legacy of John F. Kennedy.” - @larrysabato
- Jeffrey Lord - American Spectator - @JeffJlpa1
- Mona Charen - Columnist. Senior Fellow Ethics and Public Policy Center. Author of Sex Matters - @monacharenEPPC
- Peter Fenn - Fenn Communications / George Washington University - @peterhfenn