POETRY + STORYTELLING
KCRW's Selected Young Poetry Creators
Check out the rest of our poetry submissions from KCRW's Young Creators Project in March.
Selected Young Creators will be featured on the following channels once submissions close:
- On KCRW’s socials
- On KCRW.com
- In KCRW newsletters
- On-air on KCRW
- At the KCRW’s Young Creators Showcase live in June
Selected Young Creators will also receive:
- $250 contract for your piece to air or be shared on KCRW.
- Music: $100 Guitar Center retail gift card, along with a Guitar Center Lessons gift card ($180 value — good for a month of music lessons). And $100 in studio credit from Pirate.com.
- Poetry & Storytelling: $50 Stories Books & Cafe gift card, along with an opportunity to perform at a Stories reading.
- Visual Arts: $100 Crush + Touch Art Supply gift card.
Every young creator who submits will automatically receive a year of KCRW membership with all the perks!
KCRW's Selected Young Art Creators spotlight
KCRW's Selected Young Poetry Creators spotlight
KCRW's Selected Young Music Creators spotlight
Events for Young Creators
- Only one submission per artist.
- Please only submit videos that are 5 minutes or less.
- All submissions must be entered by Greater LA area artists who are under the age of 21.
- KCRW will need a sign off from a parent or guardian to spotlight any selected artists under 18 years old.
- If you're submitting a piece as a group, the majority of artists must be under the age of 21.
Who’s reviewing the submissions and deciding which artists will be selected?
KCRW’s music and culture teams will be reviewing all the submissions and handpicking a few artists to spotlight across our channels.
What does it mean for my work to be featured by KCRW?
Selected creators will be featured on KCRW’s socials, newsletters, website, on-air, and at KCRW’s Young Creators Showcase live in June!
Who is allowed to participate?
You must be under 21 and based in the Greater Los Angeles area (including Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, Ventura, and Orange counties).
Does my video submission have to be a live performance or can I use pre-recorded audio?
Whatever works best for you, friend!
What happens if my video is over 5 minutes?
Your piece will not be considered for selection by KCRW.
Am I allowed to use obscenities in my piece?
Yes, but if you are selected for an artist spotlight, KCRW will censor your piece on air per FCC guidelines.
When and where is the Young Creators Showcase?
Details coming soon. For updates, text YOUNGCREATORS to (424) 407-3102.
How will I know if I’m selected? When will selected artists be notified?
KCRW will choose which artists to spotlight one week after submissions close. KCRW will reach out to you directly if you are selected.
How do I register for a Virtual Group Critique?
When you submit your piece, there will be an option to RSVP to the Virtual Group Critique.
Who can I contact with questions that aren’t included in the FAQ?
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for any further questions.